Simultaneously managed multiple, technical writing, marketing communications and complex documentation projects to promote program initiatives, retain financial backing, market business products and services, corporate research, preserve intellectual property, and train employees on communication strategies and corporate best practices.
• B.S. in Organizational Management, with an A.S. in Web Technology in progress.
• 30 years experience as a self-motivated, communications professional, with proven interpersonal skills as a collaborative team player, capable of working with all constituencies.
• Excellent researcher, with a background in developing best practices through the creation and analysis of feedback surveys, benchmarking, and collaboration with business partners.
• Accomplished strategist in creating comprehensive marketing communications plans, programs and events.
• Experienced writer in research and development, intellectual property, corporate communications, broadcasting, feature writing, web content and other electronic media.
• Extensive expertise in technical and scientific writing, and in communicating technical information to non-technical audiences
• Effective in coaching managers and scientist on key message development and speech delivery.
• Talented in alternative communications such as photography, graphics and web design.
November 2022 – Present • Multiple
Cloud Infrastructure Services (CIS): Designed, rebranded, wrote and edited marketing collateral and client facing documents for Enterprise Software. This included Sales Presentations, RFP’s, Case Studies, Deployment processes, User Guides, Build and Installation Guides, Administration Guides, Security Guides, Architecture Design Guides, and Operations Guides.
NetApp - Research Triangle Park
November 2019 – November 2020 • Durham, NC
End User Services: Collaborated with Software Architects, Information Systems and Quality Assurance Engineers to write / edit Architectural Blueprints, Knowledge Base Articles, Run Books, Procedures, and other customer content. Worked with a remote global and culturally diverse team in an Agile / DevOps environment. Developed a new documentation management system and templates for End User Services. Created a smoother user experience by redesigning the User Interface and rewriting the End User Services Portal. Improved user education content for new services, created a simplified, consistent page design, and identified and updated 404 errors.
Communications Specialist / Technical Writer
April 2006 – June 2017 • Corning, NY
Freelance Technical Writer May 2014-June 2017
Corning Incorporated, Corning, NY
Business Groups: Inorganic Process Innovation, Corporate Security
• Conduct competitor patent research and write Scientific and engineering invention disclosures for patent applications.
• Research technical information, schematics and interview subject matter experts to prepare effective, concisely written documentation for standard operating procedures and system set-ups.
• Consulted on and edited the Corporate Security Manual.
Freelance Marketing Communications Writer November 2012-May 2014
Corning Community College, Twin Tiers Solar and Wind, Corning NY
• Developed quality, compelling web content and press releases that targeted prospective students and supported the image of the college.
• Wrote effective value-proposition brochure content to educate consumers and promote services.
Freelance Communications Specialist & Project Writer April 2006-Nove
Palm Coast, FL
Consistently met deadlines for writing travel and feature articles for magazine publications. Conducted research, built rapport with and interviewed organizational public relations personnel.
Writer - Web Content, Management, SEO
Radisson Hotel Corning
Web content production and management. Search Engine Optimization and Networking with area websites to create reciprocal links to local area attractions and destination sites.
Writer - Web Content / Press Releases
Corning Community College
Wrote quality, compelling Web Content and Press Releases that targeted prospective students and supported the image of the college.
Performed extensive research and interviewed subject matter experts for writing internal and customer newsletters and press releases for local aviation company.
Writer - Brochure
Twin Tiers Solar and Wind
Elmira Heights, NY
Wrote effective value-proposition brochure content to educate consumers and promote company services.
Organizational Management, Marketing Capstone
Keuka Park, NY
Business law, project management, human resources, strategic planning, economics, marketing and finance.
Corning Community College
Completed first year, Presidents List
Coursework in database systems, networking (Cisco Systems), structured and object-oriented problem solving (coding, UML), and website development.
Monroe Community College
Associate of Science Liberal Arts
Social and behavioral science coursework in behavioral psychology, human society, social behavior, mass culture, sociology and statistical applications.
Corning Incorporated Gage Publishing WROC-TV 8 Corning Community College Radisson Hotel Corning Schweizer Aircraft
Technical Writing Research Editing Instructional Design Marketing Communications Collateral Materials Design Content